East Durham Trust
We are a support organisation for the voluntary and community sector.
We provide a range of services for community groups including funding advice, training, information and support. We also have a volunteer brokerage service, supporting individuals who would like to volunteer and groups who would like to recruit volunteers.
Welfare Champions in the East Durham and Newton Aycliffe area. These trained volunteers offer signposting and support around benefits and welfare reform in local communities.
- CREE Project for the whole of County Durham. This project is based on the Australian Men's Shed model and supports social groups to reduce isolation and improve mental health and wellbeing. Groups are available for men, women and young people.
- FEED. This project provides emergency food parcels for East Durham residents in financial crisis. You will need to be referred to join this group.
- CHIT CHAT. Volunteers run this telephone befriending service for social isolated members of the community.
Mam's Zones. These groups and activities aim to combat social isolation in mothers and improve their mental health and wellbeing.
- Colour Your Life. This project provides access to activities to improve people's mental health. Our courses are all about unlocking the skill and talents of local people and raising awareness of services in our local communities that keep us well. We use professional, experienced tutors who organize artistic learning activities and give people the chance to make new friends in a safe, welcoming and supportive environment.
We also offer meeting rooms to hire, office services and DBS checks (charges apply).
To find out more about any of our services, please contact us or visit our website.
- Community House, Yoden Road, Peterlee, County Durham, SR8 5DP (directions displayed on map)
- East Durham Trust
- Service Type:
- Information and advice
- Charity number:
- Accessible premises:
- Our building has disabled access and toilet facilities.
- Wear Valley
- Age groups:
- 18 - 25 years
- 26 - 39 years
- 40 - 54 years
- 55 - 59 years
- 60 - 64 years
- 65 - 84 years
- 85+ years
- Contact Name:
- 0191 569 3511
- 0191 569 3522